Decorating & Furniture/paint and furniture

I am redecorating an open "loft" area at the head of the stairwell.  There will be  light oak furniture (2 computer desks), filing cabinet, dark oak bookshelf and a TV (for games)in the room.  Half of the ceiling slopes down.  There are 3 adjacent bedrooms off of the loft area.  What would be the best color for the walls?

Thanks for your question.  I'd consider either a soft green or a soft blue in a medium intensity.  The green could be sage or celery; the blue a slate shade.  Either would go great with your furniture, each is a cool shade and cool shades work very well in loft and upstairs spaces.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology