Decorating & Furniture/painting my kitchen

Question
We jut recently bought a house, its not new (built in 1978)so its pretty outdated. We cant afford to completely redue the kitchen right now so I'm trying to figure out what colors to paint the walls and the cabinets (cabinets are very ugly!). The counter tops are a creamich/white color and the floors are white. I've been looking online to try and get ideas but I cant find anything that has white counter tops and white floors! I dont have a clue as to what two colors would look good with that so I was hoping that you could give me an idea. I'm really into more of the earthy and neutral colors but I'm kinda up for anything as long as its not too bright!

Answer
Hi Priscilla,

Good questions.  Since you're into earthy and neutral colors, consider either a cool sage green or a warm nutmeg shade.  If you opt for nutmeg, add some sage green accessories as well as a touch of black somewhere.  If you opt for green, use the touch of black plus either cranberry, red or maroon.

Either of these colors will give you the contrast you need to enliven the space.  Also, if you have knobs/pulls that are outdated on the cabinets/drawers, consider replacing them with stainless.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik