Decorating & Furniture/painting my kitchen

We jut recently bought a house, its not new (built in 1978)so its pretty outdated. We cant afford to completely redue the kitchen right now so I'm trying to figure out what colors to paint the walls and the cabinets (cabinets are very ugly!). The counter tops are a creamich/white color and the floors are white. I've been looking online to try and get ideas but I cant find anything that has white counter tops and white floors! I dont have a clue as to what two colors would look good with that so I was hoping that you could give me an idea. I'm really into more of the earthy and neutral colors but I'm kinda up for anything as long as its not too bright!

I don't know what color your cabinets are, but brown is a great paint color to offset your white & off white. If your cabinets are NOT dark brown try that. You can add punches of orange, blue or yellow to brighten it up even more.

If they are dark brown, maybe go bold with a color -- one mentioned above.

You can also add a metallic backsplash -- they have ones that look like metal, but are plastic, at Home Depot. They stick up. Very easy and an instant update.

Good luck.

Decorating & Furniture

April Force Pardoe

Can answer questions about decorating, hanging art, furniture arrangement, color selections, accessorizing, window treatments, storage, organizing, staging, redesign

I run an interior redesign, staging and decorating company and have worked in creative fields—as a graphic designer and event planner—for 13 years. I have made a living creating beautiful spaces. I have the ability to see things not for what they are—but for what they could be.

Master of Arts in Publication Design.