Decorating & Furniture/trouble in the livingroom

Question
QUESTION: how to decorate my living room the furniture we chose is that the soaf and loveseat are netural colors with an accent chair the has browns gold and burgundy  what color curtains to use and rug. and the pillowa are the same as the accent chair also there may be a lttle orange in the colors not bold maybe burt orange give me some help

ANSWER: Sounds like you have some beautiful options available with the colors from the chair and coordinating pillows.  What is on trend right now is to have the curtains meld into the paint color.  So, if you paint the walls a gold or burnt orange color, I would like to see the draperies in a similar hue, but add some texture with your fabric.  A silk, or linen would be nice.  It all depends on what colors you like and how daring you are.  A darker color, like pulling the brown or burgundy would create drama.  You could go with a lighter rug to keep it from getting too dark.  I hope this helps.  If you need more assistance, feel free to send me a photo.

Kim Boyer
Kimberly Boyer Interiors

QUESTION: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE ADVICE. BUT THERE IS ONE THING THE HOME WE LIVE IS A RENTAL HOME SO I DON'T THINK WE PAINT SO WHAT OTHER IDEAL'S ARE THEY TO MAKE THIS ROOM POP. BECAUSE IT IS THE FIRST ROOM YOU SEE

ANSWER: Sorry, I didn't realize.  Play up the drama with an area rug and add some color with the curtain panels.  Your lighting can make a spectacular statement.  Pier One has a great selection of reasonably priced lighting and area rugs!  I think you'll be happy with what you see there.

Kim Boyer

QUESTION: kim  thank you so much for getting back i bought curtians that are brown at the top and brown at the bottom what color rug should i use and again the furniture is a netural color and i cannot paint the walls. the walls are a creamy beige so what other colors can i mix in with this to make my livingroom look good and also should the foyer have the same colors because they are so close together.

Answer
The curtains sound great!  Can you send a picture of the accent chair?  The pillows are easy enough to change out.  Introducing a nice soft blue would be great if it works, but I need to see the chair.  I was in Target yesterday and they have some awesome new rugs.  So does Lowes.  I'm thinking of one in particular.

Kim Boyer

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer