Decorating & Furniture/vanity and wall mirror

Question
I am currently having my guest bath remodeled.  My questions are:
1.  how far above the sink/vanity should your mirror be hung?  The mirror that I have has a medicine cabinet beside it that is attached to the mirror, so I have to have enough space to open it- the mirror/cabinet dimensions are 35.43" W x 37.4"H.  
2.I also have two sconces that will need to be placed on either side of the mirror cabinet.  Each sconce is 3.5Wx4 1/4Dx 29H. How far from the mirror/cabinet should each be placed?

Answer
Hi Christa,

Thanks for your questions.  The sink/vanity will be about 36-37" in height.  Allow at least 2-3 inches above it for the mirror/cabinet.  The sconces should be approximately 3-4" from the edge of the cabinet (unless this hinders the opening of the mirror, then 5-6" on either side).  Center the sconces (vertically) with the mirror/cabinet.

Center the vanity and mirror/medicine cabinet first, then hang the sconces.  

If you are having this professionally installed, you won't have to worry about the details.

Jenny  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik