Decorating & Furniture/wall colour

We recently moved and the master bedroom is quite large but not too much natural light. The carpet is Forest green , one wall is mirror closest doors and our bedroom furniture is dark wood. I would like a warm colour to paint the walls to make it feel more romantic.

The green carpet limits our choices, but you can make it work. They eye tends to focus about 35" - 65" above the floor, so make that area appealing and you may not notice the green as much.

I would select a creamy coffee color for your walls -- in a mid tone. Not beige, but a solid, warm tan.

I might then neutralize the green and add warmth through chocolate browns and silver tones, to brighten. Find some bedding that combines your colors and even adds a pop of color.

Let me know if you have any other specific questions and good luck!

Decorating & Furniture

April Force Pardoe

Can answer questions about decorating, hanging art, furniture arrangement, color selections, accessorizing, window treatments, storage, organizing, staging, redesign

I run an interior redesign, staging and decorating company and have worked in creative fields—as a graphic designer and event planner—for 13 years. I have made a living creating beautiful spaces. I have the ability to see things not for what they are—but for what they could be.

Master of Arts in Publication Design.