Decorating & Furniture/Accents to match my furniture

I have a sofa a matching recliner that is all one color and that color is a deep maroon that looks somewhat brown or bronze in color. I just recently went under contract to purchase a new home and I am scheduled to close in April. I just need some ideas of the what colors I could use as accent colors. Examples pillows, pictures, flowers, window treatments etc. My walls will remain a eggshell color.

Hi Belinda,
When you say deep maroon that looks somewhat brown or bronze, does it lean more toward a red-violet color or a red-orange color?  It will make all the difference as to what color combinations will work.
For red-violet based maroon try pairing it with tones of orange or green, or yellow and blue-violets.
If it is leaning toward more of a red-orange base, pair it with a yellow-orange and blue, or the green and red-violet.  All of these are split complimentary color schemes.  You can try it for yourself with a simple color wheel that you can purchase at any local craft store.  Have fun!  Hope this helps!

Kim Boyer

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer

I am a Certified Interior Designer, Redesign and Home Staging Professional as well as a Certified Color expert. Therefore I am can assist with questions regarding space planning and furniture arrangement, color selection, art and accessory placement. I am also able to answer questions regarding the selection and sourcing of furniture and flooring materials as well as custom window treatments.

I started in the industry as a design consultant in the custom window treatment and home furnishings industry. I have gone on to establish my own full service interior decorating business, Kimberly Boyer Interiors, with specialities in redesign, home staging and color consultations. I was also a featured designer on MyHome2.0 a Verizon Fios sponsered Home Technology Makeover Show.

Affiliate Member Interior Design Society The SDP, ODDAA, ABWA, Interior Redesign Directory

Publications website Ask the Interior Designer

Certified Interior Designer Temple University. Certified Redesign and Staging Professional, Society of Decorating Professionals Certified Color Specialist, Society of Decorating Professionals