Decorating & Furniture/Accents to match my furniture

Question
I have a sofa a matching recliner that is all one color and that color is a deep maroon that looks somewhat brown or bronze in color. I just recently went under contract to purchase a new home and I am scheduled to close in April. I just need some ideas of the what colors I could use as accent colors. Examples pillows, pictures, flowers, window treatments etc. My walls will remain a eggshell color.

Thanks

Answer
Hi Belinda,
When you say deep maroon that looks somewhat brown or bronze, does it lean more toward a red-violet color or a red-orange color?  It will make all the difference as to what color combinations will work.
For red-violet based maroon try pairing it with tones of orange or green, or yellow and blue-violets.
If it is leaning toward more of a red-orange base, pair it with a yellow-orange and blue, or the green and red-violet.  All of these are split complimentary color schemes.  You can try it for yourself with a simple color wheel that you can purchase at any local craft store.  Have fun!  Hope this helps!

Kim Boyer
www.kimberlyboyerinteriors.com

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer