Decorating & Furniture/Basemnet color?

Dear Norah,

We have recently finished our basement and are getting to the painting part.  It is a mostly open space with 4, 3 x 3 windows along the back wall.  So it does get light.  We will be using it for a TV area and play/exercise area.  The couch's we are going to put down there are a dark brown leather.  I have not choose a carpet yet.  My first preference would be a brown of some color, but I wasn't sure about that with the brown couch's.  My husband liked the idea of a blue.  Any help you can give me would be fabulous.  

Thank you for your help

Hi Holly,
        Actually, either blue or brown will work fine. Put something else of blue in the room, too such as toss cushions on the sofa so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb :) You could also look for a pattern with various shades and tints of brown with a little blue in it. Hope this helps, and good luck :)

Decorating & Furniture

G. Norah Baker

My areas of expertise are color selection and accessories. But I have a general knowledge of all areas of interior decorating and would be able to answer questions in any area.

I have decorated over ten houses and apartments and have consulted on five outside projects. I have had an interest in decorating since my teens.

I graduated with highest honors (96%) from Thomson Education Direct in 2002