Decorating & Furniture/Bedroom decorating

Hi Sandy,
My bedroom is 20x24, has one wall of louvered closet doors - a total of 6, with one door opening; one end window; however, this is my question.  Previous owner had just installed a dark blue carpeting which is very nice; however, I wanted tan walls instead of the yukky blue in there.  My furniture is oak and my bedding is white.  HELP...what color could I use.  I do have a lovely white and blue French print toile curtain with hand created cornice/valance that I like.   Master bath is a lovely shade of blue with white ragged look.  I live on the lake.

Hi Shirley, I like your idea of tan walls.  You want to be careful to pick the right tan however.  Some look too yellow and others look a little pink.   I would recommend a Sherwin Williams color called - Bittersweet Stem #SW7536.  It's very pretty, and will compliment the blues and whites you have going on in the room. Another option if you like green, would be Garden Sage #SW7736.  It too would look very nice with the blues and whites.  

Thanks for checking in, Sandy

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner

I am able to answer questions regarding Interior Redesign - specializing in decorating with Flea Market finds, window treatments, paint color, and real estate staging. I am a certified redesigner and stager. Please visit I look forward to assisting you.

I have been in business 3 years as a certified redesigner, with a lifetime of experience.

Oswego Chamber of Commerce Aurora Chamber of Commerce The SDP IRIS

Certified Redesigner and Stager with The SDP Certified Redesigner with IRIS
,Interior Redesign Directory