Decorating & Furniture/Choosing a Livingroom wall color

Hi , im buiying a new house and  purchased dark sage green furniture, and black end tables... i was thinking a shell pink for the walls, with dark teal/ Mocha accents(lamps..etc...) . what do u think, or what colors for the walls, curtains, accents do u think would look best?

Hi Christine,
Thank you for your question.  I'm sorry, I can't imagine that color scheme.  I'm going to give you a homework assignment.  Do yourself a favor and grab a color wheel at your local craft store.  They run about $2.99.  Take it home and match the shade of green of your sofa.  Is it a true green, or a blue/green or a yellow green?  Then, using your color wheel, put together a color palette.  You could use a complimentary, split complimentary, triad or tetrad color combination that will work with your walls, floors, accessories, etc.  It is a wonderful tool and really helps to remove a lot of the guess work.  You'll have a perfect palette every time.  Let me know if I can be of further service.

Kim Boyer

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer

I am a Certified Interior Designer, Redesign and Home Staging Professional as well as a Certified Color expert. Therefore I am can assist with questions regarding space planning and furniture arrangement, color selection, art and accessory placement. I am also able to answer questions regarding the selection and sourcing of furniture and flooring materials as well as custom window treatments.

I started in the industry as a design consultant in the custom window treatment and home furnishings industry. I have gone on to establish my own full service interior decorating business, Kimberly Boyer Interiors, with specialities in redesign, home staging and color consultations. I was also a featured designer on MyHome2.0 a Verizon Fios sponsered Home Technology Makeover Show.

Affiliate Member Interior Design Society The SDP, ODDAA, ABWA, Interior Redesign Directory

Publications website Ask the Interior Designer

Certified Interior Designer Temple University. Certified Redesign and Staging Professional, Society of Decorating Professionals Certified Color Specialist, Society of Decorating Professionals