Decorating & Furniture/Color for large living room

We want to paint our large living room.  The couch is brown and the other furniture is cherry.  There is dark hardwood on the floor that is covered with a red (cool tone)area rug.  There is one wall of windows, so lots of light gets in.  What color would you suggest?

Hi Helen,
       Because your room is large and bright I would suggest a mid to dark green or blue. This will make the room seem cozier by visually drawing the walls in and will keep it on the cool side psychologically during the day. Try something like Sherwin-Williams' greenfields or tempe star. Hope this helps, and good luck :)

Decorating & Furniture

G. Norah Baker

My areas of expertise are color selection and accessories. But I have a general knowledge of all areas of interior decorating and would be able to answer questions in any area.

I have decorated over ten houses and apartments and have consulted on five outside projects. I have had an interest in decorating since my teens.

I graduated with highest honors (96%) from Thomson Education Direct in 2002