Decorating & Furniture/Color for large living room

Question
We want to paint our large living room.  The couch is brown and the other furniture is cherry.  There is dark hardwood on the floor that is covered with a red (cool tone)area rug.  There is one wall of windows, so lots of light gets in.  What color would you suggest?

Answer
Hi Helen,
       Because your room is large and bright I would suggest a mid to dark green or blue. This will make the room seem cozier by visually drawing the walls in and will keep it on the cool side psychologically during the day. Try something like Sherwin-Williams' greenfields or tempe star. Hope this helps, and good luck :)
         Norah

Decorating & Furniture

G. Norah Baker