Decorating & Furniture/Color ques

I am moving into a new apartment. It is a studio apt, however it does have a seperate kitchen. I was thinking of coloring the walls in the living area red and having a black sofa however, I am unsure of what color to choose for the coffee table and end tables because I dont want everything to be too dark. I want the place to have more of a fun, exotic, and classy look. So, if you could please give me some ideas that would be great. I was thuinking of coloring the kitchen walls a kind of beige clay type of color and having the cabinets more of a dark cherry color but also I want the kitchen to match the living area so, if you could also help me out with that I would really appreciate it. Thanks so much,

Hi Katie,
         I would choose white or your tables. Then for the kitchen you could go white with red and black accents such as toaster, coffee pot, oven mitts, tea cloths in a red/white gingham check, etc. You could use the beige for walls if you wish and paint the cabinets white. Or if the doors are plain add molding and paint the inner panel red. Hope this helps, and good luck :)

Decorating & Furniture

G. Norah Baker

My areas of expertise are color selection and accessories. But I have a general knowledge of all areas of interior decorating and would be able to answer questions in any area.

I have decorated over ten houses and apartments and have consulted on five outside projects. I have had an interest in decorating since my teens.

I graduated with highest honors (96%) from Thomson Education Direct in 2002