Decorating & Furniture/Colors for tile

Question
Hello,

I am hoping for any help with this, my husband and I are ready to pull our hair out!  We are in the process of a kitchen remodel, also getting ready to re-tile the entire house, except for where we have laminate flooring (a medium to dark reddish brown color).  We picked kitchen cabinets that are maple with a pecan finish- a light reddish brown color.  For the floors, we are thinking of a medium brownish hued travertine tile.  We are also going to tile our counter tops and backsplash.  That is where the problems are coming in.  We have been to look at tile 20 times and still can't decide on color. We are thinking of putting travertine on the backsplash and porcelain tiles on the tops.  Our house is pretty neutral throughout, adjacent rooms are currently beige and sage but I would be willing to repaint the whole interior if I could come up with some good colors.

Answer
Hi Marina,
        Why not try a shell pink tile for the backsplash and a light blue tile for the countertop? Other good countertop choices would be a light yellow-beige, or mint green. The beige I'm using is called candlelight and looks especially good with the cabinets and flooring. Hope this helps. If you need more help, just let me know :)
         Norah

Decorating & Furniture

G. Norah Baker