Decorating & Furniture/Curtain color & pillow color

I just purchased a chocolate brown leather sofa set for my family room.  The walls are like a mocha color and the carpet is beige. What color curtains should I choose and what color pillows can I get.  I need some other color in the room.  What will go with this chocolate brown and mocha wall color?

Hi Anita,
         What I would do is find a multicoloured fabric and use that for two pillows then take your cue for solid coloured pillows from this. Then use one or two of the colours in the drapery, perhaps in a stripe. Or you could use the multi fabric for drapes as well. Colours to look for--a multi colour fabric that uses tan, yellow, red, burgundy, green, blue. Any combination of these colours would look wonderful. Hope this helps, good luck :)

Decorating & Furniture

G. Norah Baker

My areas of expertise are color selection and accessories. But I have a general knowledge of all areas of interior decorating and would be able to answer questions in any area.

I have decorated over ten houses and apartments and have consulted on five outside projects. I have had an interest in decorating since my teens.

I graduated with highest honors (96%) from Thomson Education Direct in 2002