Decorating & Furniture/Den

Question
I have a small den (about 10 x 10) off my living room. It has a large double window (72" wide) on one wall.  Across from the window is a 3 foot opening to the living room. I would like to use the room for reading and using my laptop.  I need to keep a small wireless computer printer in the room also.  What would you suggest as far as the type and color of window treatments and what furniture to buy as well as placement of the furniture in the room? The walls are a pale blue, carpet is gray & white berber.  Adjoining living room has blue leather furniture.

Answer
Hi Carol,
I would just use a simple long drapery panel on each side of the window and either a roman shade or woven wood blind under neath for light control.  I would probably choose a color close to that on the wall or just a neutral camel color.  I think having a nice writing desk for computer would be nice.  Angle it out from a corner facing into the room with your desk chair behind it.  A nice cozy club chair and ottoman would be great for reading.  Don't forget a side table and lamp.  Also, if you have room, it would be great to incorporate a bookcase on either side of the window.  Hope that helps.  Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kim Boyer

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer