Decorating & Furniture/Dining Room approx 18 X 24

Question
QUESTION: I am putting up crown moulding in our dining room and thinking about changing the color of the walls.  The trim and moulding are oak stained with toast.  The dining room walls are currently a Rich Plum.  The kitchen is off the dining room and is a sage green (it's called shenandoah).  We live in a suburb of Chicago in a custom built 1 1/2 story home which is somewhat contemporary.  The family room is a Coffee color with an accent wall in Burgundy.  My question is should I change the color of the dining room before my contractor hangs the crown moulding?  I love rich colors.  Thank you.

ANSWER: Hi Vicky,
How nice to hear from you.  First of all, I am so jealous that you live in Chicago. We vacationed there last summer and it is my all time favorite city!  Secondly, I really LOVE the color choices you have made so far in your home.  I too, enjoy rich colors and it sounds like you have created a warm and inviting space to come home to. To answer your question, Yes, I would definitely paint the dining room before the contractor hangs the crown molding.  It is so much easier to just touch up, then to have to worry about getting the line straight, or having the paint bleed onto the new trim.  Hope this helps and have fun with your new project.

Kim Boyer
www.kimberlyboyerinteriors.com

QUESTION: Wow!  That was fast...thank you.  So what color would you suggest?  The room does not need painting but if you think a better color would match please suggest one.  I love the rich plum but was not sure that it complimented the rest of the first floor.  Thanks again.

Vicky

Answer
Hi Vicky,
I must have misread your question, I thought you wanted to paint the dining room.  I love the plum color and if you like it, save yourself the time and effort and stick with it. I bet it's beautiful!  

Kim Boyer
www.kimberlyboyerinteriors.com

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer