Decorating & Furniture/Flooring material and color

Question
We've got white oak flooring in our kitchen with no stain, only sanding sealer. Ceramic tile in the entry, bathrooms, and utility. We are wanting to replace the carpet in the rest of the main floor with wood. Should we keep with the same color and material as in the kitchen, or go with a darker color. If we go with a darker color wood, should we replace the kitchen floor?

Answer
Hi Martin,
I do think it is important that the floors are the same.  So whatever you choose, lighter or darker, it should match.  As far as preference, that is very individual.  Some people prefer lighter floors and vice Go with what you like, both are very attractive options.  I personally went from light floors to dark floors and had to tear out some of the old light oak and replace it.  The darker floor shows more scratches, but is richer and warmer and is the look I was going for.  Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Kim Boyer
www.kimberlyboyerinteriors.com

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer