Decorating & Furniture/Florida Decor

We have just purchased a new conod in FLorida and my husband I want to give it that "Florida Feel" Any suggestions on how to do that?? Thank you!

Hi Kathy,
        The thing you want to remember about Florida is it's hot,so the thing you want to do in your condo is keep it cool. Use white cotton covers or upholstery for seating pieces, blond or color-washed woods, the palest pastels like shell pink, seafoam green, and buttery creamy yellows that remind you of sun on water. You can add punctuation marks with deep turquoise cushions and ocean blue in rugs etc. Hope this helps! Good luck in your new home :)

Decorating & Furniture

G. Norah Baker

My areas of expertise are color selection and accessories. But I have a general knowledge of all areas of interior decorating and would be able to answer questions in any area.

I have decorated over ten houses and apartments and have consulted on five outside projects. I have had an interest in decorating since my teens.

I graduated with highest honors (96%) from Thomson Education Direct in 2002