Decorating & Furniture/Help

We have replaced our external patio door to a sliding door however the carpenter managed to break approx.6 tiles right in the doorway. These are pink/grey mediteranean/rustic style tiles and can not be bought any more. The tiles are broken approx 25cm away from the doorway where is a lot of traffic also we are stuck what to do? Your help would be appreciated....
Best Regards

Hi Suzanna,
You may want to address this problem with a flooring specialist.  One idea I have, if it is possible, is to create a border in the room with new tile that will blend with the old.  I realize there is an increase in the cost involved, but it is still more cost effective than replacing an entire floor.  Best wishes.

Kim Boyer

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer

I am a Certified Interior Designer, Redesign and Home Staging Professional as well as a Certified Color expert. Therefore I am can assist with questions regarding space planning and furniture arrangement, color selection, art and accessory placement. I am also able to answer questions regarding the selection and sourcing of furniture and flooring materials as well as custom window treatments.

I started in the industry as a design consultant in the custom window treatment and home furnishings industry. I have gone on to establish my own full service interior decorating business, Kimberly Boyer Interiors, with specialities in redesign, home staging and color consultations. I was also a featured designer on MyHome2.0 a Verizon Fios sponsered Home Technology Makeover Show.

Affiliate Member Interior Design Society The SDP, ODDAA, ABWA, Interior Redesign Directory

Publications website Ask the Interior Designer

Certified Interior Designer Temple University. Certified Redesign and Staging Professional, Society of Decorating Professionals Certified Color Specialist, Society of Decorating Professionals