Decorating & Furniture/Help with decorating schemes

Question
Hi, I am wondering, is it ok for different rooms of the house to have different themes or would that be tacky? My living room is decorated in a danish retro modern style, but I am doing my dining room in a kind of a shabby chic style, and my kitchen is a retro-ish mix of 50s-60s and modern. Does this sound like it clashes horribly? I kind of just bought pieces I liked at the time without thinking about tying it all together and now I cant really afford to replace things to make them all match. Please advise. Thank you!

Answer
Hi Jennifer,
         There are several ways to tie a scheme together when there are different themes in each room. In fact, your overall house scheme is Creative. In each room you can pretend you're in a different era, and that can be very invigorating and refreshing :)  
   One thing that pulls schemes together are the use of pattern and colour; floor treatments that are used throughout the house is another, for example the same colour carpeting used in the living, dining, and bedroom. If you'd like to give me more information about which colours you're using I'll be glad to advise you further :) But no, it doesn't sound like a clash to me at all :)!
         Norah

Decorating & Furniture

G. Norah Baker