Decorating & Furniture/Kitchen painting

Question
I just bought a new house and I am in the process of remodeling the kitchen. My floor in the kitchen is going to be a dolce mahogany which as you probably already know is kind of dark. I'm going to paint my walls in the kitchen a dark red almost burgundy. My kitchen is rather large so the color will look really good im going for a warm feeling by me doing this should I go with light colored cabinets to make my kitchen stand out.My counter tops are going to be dark as well.

Answer
Hi Kimberly,
I love a dark cozy kitchen, just be careful you don't go too dark.  Do you have a lot of natural light during the day in the kitchen?  If not, you may end up needing to have the lights on during the day, if you are at home. You may also want to add additional overall and task lighting to the kitchen.  A dark colored room will require more light.  By light colored cabinets, what are you referring to?  You don't want it to be too much of a contrast, but a natural cherry or maple finish would be pretty.  I wouldn't necessarily do white or cream.  What color will the countertops be?

Kim Boyer
www.kimberlyboyerinteriors.com  

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer