Decorating & Furniture/Paint Colors

Question
Kitchen
Kitchen  
I have been putting off painting my kitchen because I can't decide on color.  I have teak flooring and oak cabinets and white appliances.  My countertop is called smoke essence and hard to describe.  Overall I would say it looks grey and brown.  I need a nice color for the walls and throw rugs.  Should I match them?

Answer
Hi Jan,
      The colours that look the best with the cabinets are in the yellow ranges. Try Glidden's simply stunning 45YY 36/276, and star fruit 60YY 67/626. For a bolder treatment look at that 70's color 45YY 64/757 or flaming sword 19YR 13/558.
     Area rugs don't necessarily have to match. You could choose a pattern of yellow/orange/white or red/brown/gold, or even blue/green/purple/white. Hope this helps, and good luck ;)
         Norah

Decorating & Furniture

G. Norah Baker