Decorating & Furniture/Re: Mixing Black/Gray with Browns and Tans

I have a black dining room table with black chairs, and in my living room, i have a gray micro fiber couch.  I really would really like to incorporate some browns and tans and bronzes in the decor.  Is there any way to do that without the colors clashing?

I think it's a misconception that black & brown don't go well together. They can and do. Look for colors with similar undertones when you bring in the brown elements....and find patterns that have greys and browns and other colors in them so it will all coordinate.

Good luck.

Decorating & Furniture

April Force Pardoe

Can answer questions about decorating, hanging art, furniture arrangement, color selections, accessorizing, window treatments, storage, organizing, staging, redesign

I run an interior redesign, staging and decorating company and have worked in creative fields—as a graphic designer and event planner—for 13 years. I have made a living creating beautiful spaces. I have the ability to see things not for what they are—but for what they could be.

Master of Arts in Publication Design.