Decorating & Furniture/Red-Orange Couch

I have a red-orange couch and over stuffed chair and ottoman (all in same material and color). We have brown 2" wood blinds and wood floors. Currently my walls are painted a medium chocolate color, however the room feels too dark to me. What color do you think I should paint the walls and what color run should I purchase? HELP!! :)

Hi Ann,
Your room sounds great, but you probably do need to lighten up the walls.  I'm thinking of a yellow gold such as SW Jersey Cream 6379 or Humble Gold 6380.  Lowe's and Target recently updated their rug selection and they have some great styles to choose from.  Incorporate some touches of blue in the rug and accessories to create a dynamite split complimentary color palette, and make the room pop!

Kim Boyer

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer

I am a Certified Interior Designer, Redesign and Home Staging Professional as well as a Certified Color expert. Therefore I am can assist with questions regarding space planning and furniture arrangement, color selection, art and accessory placement. I am also able to answer questions regarding the selection and sourcing of furniture and flooring materials as well as custom window treatments.

I started in the industry as a design consultant in the custom window treatment and home furnishings industry. I have gone on to establish my own full service interior decorating business, Kimberly Boyer Interiors, with specialities in redesign, home staging and color consultations. I was also a featured designer on MyHome2.0 a Verizon Fios sponsered Home Technology Makeover Show.

Affiliate Member Interior Design Society The SDP, ODDAA, ABWA, Interior Redesign Directory

Publications website Ask the Interior Designer

Certified Interior Designer Temple University. Certified Redesign and Staging Professional, Society of Decorating Professionals Certified Color Specialist, Society of Decorating Professionals