Decorating & Furniture/Stationary Side Panels

Question
I have two windows in the dining room/sitting room which currently have blinds on them.  I would like to add stationary side panels to each window.  One window is 58" wide and the other is 92".  Is there a typical width for side panels that work for any size window or do the side panel widths need to be proportional to the window width?

Answer
Window treatments are not my expertise, but I don't think there's a standard width for all windows. I picture 18" panels on either side of both of your windows.

Hang them at the top of your wall... as close to the ceiling as you can. Also, allow them to overlap the windows a bit on the sides.

April

Decorating & Furniture

April Force Pardoe