Decorating & Furniture/Stationary Side Panels

I have two windows in the dining room/sitting room which currently have blinds on them.  I would like to add stationary side panels to each window.  One window is 58" wide and the other is 92".  Is there a typical width for side panels that work for any size window or do the side panel widths need to be proportional to the window width?

Window treatments are not my expertise, but I don't think there's a standard width for all windows. I picture 18" panels on either side of both of your windows.

Hang them at the top of your wall... as close to the ceiling as you can. Also, allow them to overlap the windows a bit on the sides.

Decorating & Furniture

April Force Pardoe

Can answer questions about decorating, hanging art, furniture arrangement, color selections, accessorizing, window treatments, storage, organizing, staging, redesign

I run an interior redesign, staging and decorating company and have worked in creative fields—as a graphic designer and event planner—for 13 years. I have made a living creating beautiful spaces. I have the ability to see things not for what they are—but for what they could be.

Master of Arts in Publication Design.