Decorating & Furniture/Twins bedroom

I've been thinking and searching for ideas on what to do my 3 year boy/girl twins bedroom in. I would like to keep them in the same room as long as I can and I'm having a hard time thinking of something that would work for both of them, my daughter is girly and my son likes everything. Oh and we live in Florida, so it could be beachy!  Any suggestions?

Hi Kerry,
Wow, sounds like you are on the right track. A beach theme is a great way to address both a girl and a boy.  They can coordinate without being exactly the same.  I saw these awesome area rugs that were surf boards at linens and things and Pottery Barn Kids/Teens.  You could use them on the wall as an accent or on the floor.  They came in all kinds of really cool colors.  You could be beachy but take a twist on the traditional with bright colors of blue, bright yellow, lime green, orange, and red.  You could velcro in expensive grass skirts around the bottom of the bed as a dust ruffle.  (Only if they would be safe) Use awning stripe fabric as window treatments, make the closet doors look like a beach hut.  The ideas are limitless.

Kim Boyer

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer

I am a Certified Interior Designer, Redesign and Home Staging Professional as well as a Certified Color expert. Therefore I am can assist with questions regarding space planning and furniture arrangement, color selection, art and accessory placement. I am also able to answer questions regarding the selection and sourcing of furniture and flooring materials as well as custom window treatments.

I started in the industry as a design consultant in the custom window treatment and home furnishings industry. I have gone on to establish my own full service interior decorating business, Kimberly Boyer Interiors, with specialities in redesign, home staging and color consultations. I was also a featured designer on MyHome2.0 a Verizon Fios sponsered Home Technology Makeover Show.

Affiliate Member Interior Design Society The SDP, ODDAA, ABWA, Interior Redesign Directory

Publications website Ask the Interior Designer

Certified Interior Designer Temple University. Certified Redesign and Staging Professional, Society of Decorating Professionals Certified Color Specialist, Society of Decorating Professionals