Decorating & Furniture/Wall color

Question
The second floor of my townhouse incorporates my kitchen, dining room and living room. The furniture in my livingroom is sage green, the carpet is forest green.  I have an accent rug that is tan/pecan brown with purple flowers and gold flowers trimmed in white.  The leaves are sage and forest green.  My art work has the same white background with sage green, purple, gold and reds in them.  My accents incorporate the purples, golds and reds.  My coffee and end tables are a deep mahongany brown.  My walls and ceilings are currently white.  The forest green carpet runs throughout the house. I pretty much use the sage green, purple, reds and yellows throughout the house.  What color should I paint the walls.

Answer
Hi Cathy,
If you are painting the entire area one color, I  would probably lead toward the gold.  It's a nice neutral that will go with everything. If you are looking for drama, a deep plum color in the dining room would be fabulous.

Kim Boyer
www.kimberlyboyerinteriors.com

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer