Decorating & Furniture/Wall colors

Question
I have a sage colored sectional and the home we are moving into has burgundy carpet in the living room and the adjacent dining room. The sofa pillows have ivory, chocolate brown, and and reddish brown in them...what color do I paint the walls and should I do one of the walls in the dining room a different color?

Answer
Hi Deb,
Thank you for your question.  In choosing the correct color, it all depends on the undertones of the sage and burgundy in the room. But in an attempt to tie it all together with a split complimentary color palette of Green/Red-Violet(Burgundy)/Yellow, I'm recommending a nice golden yellow for the walls.  Something along the lines of Sherwin Williams Blonde 6128?  This should keep the space from getting too dark and will also provide a beautiful warm backdrop.  Unless, there is a need to camouflage something in the dining room,
I'm not a big fan of painting one wall a different color.  If the LR/DR is an L shape, the entire backwall could be painted a shade or two different if you like. I hope this helps.

Kim Boyer
www.kimberlyboyerinteriors.com

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer