Decorating & Furniture/bamboo blinds

I'm considering bamboo or other natural blinds throughout the house.  I love the natural look and think they go well with my eclectic tastes.  We have a 50's brick ranch and we are replacing the original divided windows with double hung windows (no mullions).  The windows on the front are tall and wide 43"w x 68" h.  My only concern is...will this look ok from the street when the blinds are lowered?  I've always had white faux wood blinds in my previous homes, which looked great both inside and out.  If it is not suggested to put bamboo on the windows facing the street, is there a rule against putting white faux wood blinds on the front windows facing the street and using the bamboo on the windows that face the rear? I am obsessed with this issue and have been driving around noticing everyone's windows, but have yet to see anyone who has used bamboo consistently on all of their windows.
Thank you for any advice.

Hi Lori,
Unless you live in a neighborhood where the window look is dictated by the association, you may have more flexibility.  Personally, I like a uniform look as I think it is more attractive from the outside.  If you order the blinds and do not get them off the shelf at your local building supply store, you may order them with a white liner and that would solve such a dilemma.  I personally have them in my dining room with no liner as an undertreatment to drapery panels, but I'm going for a look and they are never lowered.  
And, of course you may use your faux wood blinds in the front and the bamboo in the back.  I hope this helps.

Kim Boyer

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer

I am a Certified Interior Designer, Redesign and Home Staging Professional as well as a Certified Color expert. Therefore I am can assist with questions regarding space planning and furniture arrangement, color selection, art and accessory placement. I am also able to answer questions regarding the selection and sourcing of furniture and flooring materials as well as custom window treatments.

I started in the industry as a design consultant in the custom window treatment and home furnishings industry. I have gone on to establish my own full service interior decorating business, Kimberly Boyer Interiors, with specialities in redesign, home staging and color consultations. I was also a featured designer on MyHome2.0 a Verizon Fios sponsered Home Technology Makeover Show.

Affiliate Member Interior Design Society The SDP, ODDAA, ABWA, Interior Redesign Directory

Publications website Ask the Interior Designer

Certified Interior Designer Temple University. Certified Redesign and Staging Professional, Society of Decorating Professionals Certified Color Specialist, Society of Decorating Professionals