Decorating & Furniture/bedroom decor

I just purchased beautiful blue silk dupioni draperies for my bedroom (which has six regular size windows).  My room is large with high ceilings and 2 sky lights.  I need advice on wall color(s) (obviously, I get lots of light in the room) and suggestions for bedding, rugs, etc.  

Sorry I'm late getting back to you, Paula, but Sunday is not the easiest day to get time to answer questions :). If you like monochromatic, I suggest periwinkle blue by Glidden/CIL and a blue/white or blue variegated carpet. For an analogous scheme try something on the gold side such as Glidden's lemontree or cairo gold with a golden tan carpet, or dusky mauve with a blue-purple carpet. If you prefer neutrals look for a deep brown like Pratt and Lambert's card number L35. A carpet that combines beige and browns would go nicely. Bedding that combines blues and beiges will work with most of these schemes depending on the pattern. Light orange or golden oak woods will set off the blues.
    I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask :)

Decorating & Furniture

G. Norah Baker

My areas of expertise are color selection and accessories. But I have a general knowledge of all areas of interior decorating and would be able to answer questions in any area.

I have decorated over ten houses and apartments and have consulted on five outside projects. I have had an interest in decorating since my teens.

I graduated with highest honors (96%) from Thomson Education Direct in 2002