Decorating & Furniture/bedroom horrible green carpet

Our bedroom is a large room with a green mottled carpet. We want to paint the room as t is currently yellow but I find yellow very headachey and really dont like waking up with this colour.We have a neutral white/cream window shade, and minimal furniture, so basically can you advise me on how to make the carpet ess noticable using color and what color would work best on an accent wall.. thanks gianna

Hi Gianna,
         The best way to minimize a colour is to blend it in. Use a monochromatic colour scheme of greens from pale to dark, pick tints and shades from the carpet for wall and/ or upholstery colours. Because it is neutral the window shade will blend in as well as giving the eye a place to rest. Hope this helps,and good luck :)

Decorating & Furniture

G. Norah Baker

My areas of expertise are color selection and accessories. But I have a general knowledge of all areas of interior decorating and would be able to answer questions in any area.

I have decorated over ten houses and apartments and have consulted on five outside projects. I have had an interest in decorating since my teens.

I graduated with highest honors (96%) from Thomson Education Direct in 2002