Decorating & Furniture/billiard room colors

Question
my husband and i recently bought a new house and closed in the garage for his billiard room the carpet is tan and the felt is burgandy he want to paint the walls like the pool balls......stripes and solids do you think this will work ? im scared but if it will what colors should we use ?

Answer
Hi Jody,
      I think I would be scared too! :) What I think would look better is to paint the room in a tan colour eg. Glidden's dapper tan 10YY 55/163. Then either randomly or at regular intervals along the wall paint eightballs, billiard cues and the triangle filled with balls before they are broken. You could also do this with a photo transfer technique. Your local library should be able to help you find a book on it. I think this will calm your fears and please your husband :) Hope this helps, if you need anything else, just ask :)
         Norah

Decorating & Furniture

G. Norah Baker