Decorating & Furniture/furniture arranging

Question
I, too, have a long rectangular family room, as you walk in to the left is the room with one large wall made of brick, other wall is shorter and has a small open window peeking into the kitchen, the back wall is a patio door leading into the back yard, help me please my husband says I would be Helen Keller's nightmare. I'm constantly rearranging that room my husband is a big time couch potato and I love to sit in their and read and visit with friends and family, I have two antique Asian chairs, one large light yellow/beige couch, one dark brown recliner and matching couch, a 52 inch flat screen tv with stand
please help!
Jessica Garcia

Answer
If the tv is the focal point in this room place that first on the best wall -- sounds like the long brick wall is the best place for it. Then center you furnishings around it -- toward it, in a cozy grouping.

Remember, you can bring furniture off the wall and also create a separate area for reading, that doesn't focus on the TV, maybe at the other end of the room.

April

Decorating & Furniture

April Force Pardoe