Decorating & Furniture/furniture placement in a family room with a corner fireplace

Question
family room photo
family room photo  
Hello Kim.  I hope you can help me.  I've attached a photo of my family room.  I think the measurement of the room is 17 x 10'6".  There is a fireplace situated in a one corner with a flat panel sitting above it.  The floors are oak hardwood.  The family room is open to the kitchen/breakfast area.  Presently I have an oversized 3 seater hunter green leather sofa and chair which my husband would like to keep.  I am considering slipcovering them.  Otherwise I would like suggestions for other furniture for the room and furniture colours.  We have 3 kids age 10, 8 and 6 so I would like to have storage in this space.  I love country decorating but not too country.
Thanks for your help.

Answer
Hi Sherry,
Thanks for sending the photo, was wondering if you could send one more so I can see the other side of the room.  I want to see if what I'm thinking will work.  Look forward to hearing from you.

Kim Boyer
www.kimberlyboyerinteriors.com

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer