Decorating & Furniture/laminate flooring color

We are building a new home and the floor color is my biggest problem! We have a large open floor plan with cathedral ceilings in the LR/DR/KIT. The cupboards are Kraftmaid the wood is birch and the color is cabernet, the countertop is granite and it is black with reds and purples in it. The appliances will be black, and the firepalce will be made of Pennsylvania ledge stone (grays and browns). What color of Pergo laminate can I use to make it all come together?

I just visited the Kraftmaid and Pergo websites to get a picture of what you have and what your options are.

I would obtain samples in the house and see how everything looks alongside your cabinets and with the lighting.

Since  your cabinets are similar to a cherry wood color I would steer away from that, as it will be too matchy and cause everything to disappear.

Check out either Charleston Oak or Berkshire Oak. Both are a dark brown and would be lovely w/the other dark tones in your house and would compliment your fireplace area.

Good luck.

Decorating & Furniture

April Force Pardoe

Can answer questions about decorating, hanging art, furniture arrangement, color selections, accessorizing, window treatments, storage, organizing, staging, redesign

I run an interior redesign, staging and decorating company and have worked in creative fields—as a graphic designer and event planner—for 13 years. I have made a living creating beautiful spaces. I have the ability to see things not for what they are—but for what they could be.

Master of Arts in Publication Design.