Decorating & Furniture/paint colors

I recently purchased hunter green furniture and I am stumped on a color palette.  Do you know what color I should choose for the walls and curtains?  Also, what would make a good accent color?

Hi Shana,
       You have several options. You could choose a monochromatic scheme with shades and tints of the green. You could do the walls green with gold accents such as cushions and draperies. You could paint the walls in a salmon or coral and use muted blue violets or violets for accents, or paint the walls blue and use a warm pink or red for accents. You could also look for drapes in a pattern containing colours you use in the room, for example a green stripe for the monochromatic, or green/pink; green blue/violet green/gold. Hope this helps, and good luck :)

Decorating & Furniture

G. Norah Baker

My areas of expertise are color selection and accessories. But I have a general knowledge of all areas of interior decorating and would be able to answer questions in any area.

I have decorated over ten houses and apartments and have consulted on five outside projects. I have had an interest in decorating since my teens.

I graduated with highest honors (96%) from Thomson Education Direct in 2002