Decorating & Furniture/red couches

Question
my fiance and i have a set of red colored couches, like a poppy red, and the house we are moving into has white trim, and medium grey walls and ligh honey colored wood floors. we have a coffee and end tables that are black wrought iron legs, with light honey colored wood and slate in the center. i was wondering what other colors i could have that would go with the colors now,i like colors that remind me of rivers, with the multi-colored, and shades of grey stones. i need some help, the red couches really bug me, i didn't think that red goes very well with the neutrals that i like. i need some advice and any suggestions you might have for color, accessories, art, etc. Thank you!

Answer
Hi Amanda,
I actually think you have a wonderful palette in place.  Grey is a great neutral and very hot right now.  The red couches will complement the grey and keep it from looking too sterile.  The tables and flooring will add the texture you are looking for.  Tie everything together with fabulous pillows and window treatments and an area rug.  Again, just bring some of the grey to the couch with pillows and a throw in different shades, including charcoal and texture with flannel, wool, and silk.  It will look awesome!

Kim Boyer
www.kimberlyboyerinteriors.com

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer