Decorating & Furniture/sanctuary color

We have a medium-sized sanctuary that seat about 250 comfortably.  The walls are currently white and very boring.  The chairs we have just purchased are blue toned, on the cool side (the name was peacock because in the weave of the fabric are bits of purple, yellow, green, etc.).  The carpet is blah grayish. Our foyer has creamy light golden paint and a darker, warm blue.  We are going to start broadcasting live to another church site and on the internet.  What color would be best... The ceilings are about 20' high.  There are  only 4 windows.  We wanted to go for a more modern feel.  We have six tall rectangular columns that are made of stretched white material and lighted from the inside.

Hi Lisa,
It's hard for me to tell without seeing the fabric, but I would probably go with a warm yellow/orange tone which I think will complement the chairs and update the space very nicely.  I'm thinking along the lines of Sherwin Williams Inviting Ivory 6372, Jersey Cream 6379 or even Humble Gold 6380.  Let me know how you make out.

Kim Boyer

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer

I am a Certified Interior Designer, Redesign and Home Staging Professional as well as a Certified Color expert. Therefore I am can assist with questions regarding space planning and furniture arrangement, color selection, art and accessory placement. I am also able to answer questions regarding the selection and sourcing of furniture and flooring materials as well as custom window treatments.

I started in the industry as a design consultant in the custom window treatment and home furnishings industry. I have gone on to establish my own full service interior decorating business, Kimberly Boyer Interiors, with specialities in redesign, home staging and color consultations. I was also a featured designer on MyHome2.0 a Verizon Fios sponsered Home Technology Makeover Show.

Affiliate Member Interior Design Society The SDP, ODDAA, ABWA, Interior Redesign Directory

Publications website Ask the Interior Designer

Certified Interior Designer Temple University. Certified Redesign and Staging Professional, Society of Decorating Professionals Certified Color Specialist, Society of Decorating Professionals