Decorating & Furniture/teen age daughter room design

can you suggest any web sites or other resources that will give us ideas on how to decorate and furnish my 12 year old daughters room. The room is too young childish for her now and we'd like to redo the room in something more age appropriate.(she is thinking leopard theme??)

Hi Greg,
Definitely check out HGTV, there is actually a entire section on decorating a teenage girl's room.  Another source that I love is Pottery Barn Teen.  They have very versatile furnishings and great bedding that you can play off of.  Also check out Target for amazing finds.  I love the leopard theme, another option is zebra with hot pink!  Have fun and let me know how I can further assist you!

Kim Boyer

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer

I am a Certified Interior Designer, Redesign and Home Staging Professional as well as a Certified Color expert. Therefore I am can assist with questions regarding space planning and furniture arrangement, color selection, art and accessory placement. I am also able to answer questions regarding the selection and sourcing of furniture and flooring materials as well as custom window treatments.

I started in the industry as a design consultant in the custom window treatment and home furnishings industry. I have gone on to establish my own full service interior decorating business, Kimberly Boyer Interiors, with specialities in redesign, home staging and color consultations. I was also a featured designer on MyHome2.0 a Verizon Fios sponsered Home Technology Makeover Show.

Affiliate Member Interior Design Society The SDP, ODDAA, ABWA, Interior Redesign Directory

Publications website Ask the Interior Designer

Certified Interior Designer Temple University. Certified Redesign and Staging Professional, Society of Decorating Professionals Certified Color Specialist, Society of Decorating Professionals