Decorating & Furniture/How to use paint to divide a wall in two

Question
         | d      kit.          |
         | i          _____          |
         | n      
         |     liv          |
         |________________

I have 15 foot high ceilings.  My dining room and living room share one wall. I want to divide the two rooms with two different but complimentary colors but are not sure how to divide the wall.  The kitchen and livingroom also share one wall with the exception of a doorway with the beam above the doorway but in the middle.  Please help me.  I'm not sure how to create a vertical line of two colors.

Answer
Hi Melanie,
Do you want to accentuate the height of the left hand wall or bring it down?  I think I would paint the left hand wall all one color as an accent wall and the other 2 living room colors a coordinating color.  Does the wall run across the back from dining room to kitchen?  Are the rest of the ceilings 8' or 15'?  Let me know, I'll have to think about this a bit more.

Kim Boyer

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer