Decorating & Furniture/window treatments

Question
I have an adjoining den and living room, however the den is carpeted and has a more casual feel (leather couch and chair, bookcase, more casual window treatments.) The living room is hardwood floors, fireplace, cornice for window treatment, fireplace, more formal furniture. Can I put wooden blinds in the den and roman shades in the living room or do the window treatments have to be the same since the windows are all visible from both rooms?fferent types of

Answer
Hi Kara,
      Yes, Roman shades will work with wooden blinds because they are both "slatted" treatments as opposed to wooden blinds and curtains. As an example, Comfortex "serenade" rimini weave in ginger ice fabric from blindsgalore.com would look very nice with a natural oak wooden blind. If you tone in your colors as in the example everything should look good. Good luck and if you need anything else just let me know :)
         Norah

Decorating & Furniture

G. Norah Baker