Decorating & Furniture/window treatments

I have an adjoining den and living room, however the den is carpeted and has a more casual feel (leather couch and chair, bookcase, more casual window treatments.) The living room is hardwood floors, fireplace, cornice for window treatment, fireplace, more formal furniture. Can I put wooden blinds in the den and roman shades in the living room or do the window treatments have to be the same since the windows are all visible from both rooms?fferent types of

Hi Kara,
      Yes, Roman shades will work with wooden blinds because they are both "slatted" treatments as opposed to wooden blinds and curtains. As an example, Comfortex "serenade" rimini weave in ginger ice fabric from would look very nice with a natural oak wooden blind. If you tone in your colors as in the example everything should look good. Good luck and if you need anything else just let me know :)

Decorating & Furniture

G. Norah Baker

My areas of expertise are color selection and accessories. But I have a general knowledge of all areas of interior decorating and would be able to answer questions in any area.

I have decorated over ten houses and apartments and have consulted on five outside projects. I have had an interest in decorating since my teens.

I graduated with highest honors (96%) from Thomson Education Direct in 2002