Decorating & Furniture/Bathroom Color

Question
QUESTION: We are remodeling our master bathroom.  The master bedroom is painted in Behr Calming Space.  It is a beautiful shade of blue.  My dilemma is what color for the bathroom? The cabinets will be dark burgundy, the fixtures oil-rubbed bronze, and the floor will be tile(probably a beige).  Should I try a lighter shade of blue, something in yellow, or cream?  Help!

ANSWER: First of all, let me congratulate your great taste in what you've done so far! It sounds lovely.
Based on the colors you've described in the bathroom, I would probably not go with the blue in there - I think it might be too great a contrast between the warm cabinetry and the cool blue walls. I think your instincts are right on - a creamy yellow would be lovely. Something like Benjamin Moore Cashmere 930 or Angel's Gate 929. That will create an environment that's warm and inviting - with a hint of warmth - exactly what you want when you're trying to wake up in the morning. In the evening, it will feel soothing.

I might bring in a piece of artwork that hints at the blue in the Master Bedroom, and also pick up the wall color in the bedroom in some small way - a throw pillow, perhaps?

Best of luck to you!

Beth

QUESTION: Do you have any suggestions in Sherwin Williams or Behr colors in the creamy yellow family?
Thanks!

Answer
Robin -

I'm sorry, but I don't have swatches from those manufacturer's available. If you'd like to wait, I can get them - or you can find the Benjamin Moore colors I suggested and have your paint person match them in Behr or Sherwin Williams.

Beth

Decorating & Furniture

ES