Decorating & Furniture/Condo Kitchen Floor Tile Selection

Question
Kithen is l shaped with a 6 ft. long x 4 foot entrance from the foyer. Rest of area is about 8x9. Walls are white. Counter top is Coriann dark green with black,green and white speckles. Cabinets are natural maple. There is no window. Only natural light comes from the dining room windows off the kitchen. Appliances are white with a dark green hutch in the corner. Am looking at porcelean tile 13x13 with high variability shading in either a gray tone or nuetral tone. Would like some contrast so it does not look bland. Suggestions are helpful. Thanks

Answer
Hi Pat,
      There are two ways you could go with this. Take the black or the green from your countertop and either put an edge of small tiles around the perimeter of the neutral or grey colour, or put small tiles, laid on the diamond at the corners of the larger tiles. Hope this helps, and good luck :)
         Norah

Decorating & Furniture

G. Norah Baker