Decorating & Furniture/Curtain Color

Hello Jenny - I just read the response you gave to another person and I'm in the same boat...I have a yellow couch, warm neutral walls, white trim, antique mahogany furniture and blue/white fabric that is going on pillows & dining chairs. I was thinking something off white linen to the floor using rings to keep it casual, but I need to find a way to put some pop color into the room (like some fun tangerine to compliment the blue). I'm need help!!! Thank you, Elena

You can certainly add the off-white linen -- floor to ceiling always looks the most dramatic -- and you can add a pop of color with tie backs in a bright tangerine!  Then when you add some tangerine to the couch via throw pillows, and a little tangerine "thingy" to a table, you've just updated and added some zip to your space.  Carry that tangerine into the dining room too...just something small, but something that will cross-pollinate that yummy color across the spaces.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology