Decorating & Furniture/Extremely slanted ceilings!

Our master bedroom is massive and has 2 large windows that left in plenty of light. So what's the problem?... Horrible textured walls and the worst drywall job ever! The previous owner of our 90 year old home did a poor job drywalling and put on textured paint in a pitiful effort to hide imperfections. I can't even describe how he completely screwed up the corners... I'm desperate to do something but I have no idea would work. The ceilings slant 3.5 or 4 feet from the ground, so I can't use large pieces of art to cover more wall space. Paint will certainly help but not enough. Are there other options? Can you wallpaper textured walls? Any way to hide ugly corners (corners that come "into" the room, not "out" if you know what I mean)?
Any ideas?!

Wow! Sounds like you've got quite a challenge! First, be certain you're using flat paint on the walls - the less light reflected, the less the imperfections will show.

I'm not sure about wallpapering textured walls, unless you could sand down the surface to something a bit smoother.

I would recommend either wainscoting - a beadboard perhaps (I'm not certain of the style of your home) - or using fabric to upholster or drape the walls.

If you could provide more information about the style of your home, I could provide some more specific ideas!

Thanks for your question and keep me posted!

Decorating & Furniture

I am an Interior Redesign Industry Specialist. I can answer questions about furniture selection and placement, color selection and accessory and art placement. I can also answer questions regarding textile selections and window treatments. I specialize in interior redesign - creating fresh interiors out of what you already own.

I been decorating for the past 10 years - for myself, friends and family - and recently established my own firm - Design Intervention - to begin my professional career. To learn more about me, please visit my website at I have been involved in design for a long time - most recently I designed and handcrafted my own line of accessories.

Interior Redesign Industry Specialists (IRIS), Association of Design Education (ADE)

The New Hartford Town Crier (May 2008)

I earned my certification as an Interior Redesign Industry Specialist from the School of Interior Redesign, CT.