Decorating & Furniture/Family room

My family room measures 16x17. What size furniture and pieces will work
with this small space. Also, I have a corner fireplace (tv above it).  My style is  
leather/cotton combo. The more seating the better.

Thanks a bunch!

My recommendation is that you opt for medium scale pieces, and if you find furniture without arms that you like, it will visually enlarge the room.  

Select a standard couch - nothing oversized or overstuffed, and pair it with two side chairs and ottomans.  The ottomans will do double duty as extra seating.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology