Decorating & Furniture/Home with a lot of wood

We are in the process of buying a home with a lot of wood.  I love it and I DON'T want to cover it up in any way shape or form.  Here is the question:  What type of window treatments do I purchase without harming the wood drilling or hammering or screwing etc.  If there is NO way to get around this than what product and maker/merchant do you recommend that will do the LEAST amount of damage.  Thanks in advance for your time.  I am really having a rough time finding an item that won't do any damage, other than tension rods, and I don't know how tension rods will look, I don't mind trying it.  I don't want to waste money buying tension rods if they won't work or look like you know what.  Thanks Loriann

Hi Loriann,
I understand your predicament.  I'm sure the wood is beautiful.  The only thing I can think of is tension rods.  You may want to try a window before you go out and purchase too many rods, and make sure you like it.  You could also mount a rod above the window, and then have simple drapery panels hung on either side.  It will not provide any privacy however, but will add fabric for softness.  Other than that, the other options will either hide the wood, or have to be drilled into the wood, neither of which you want to do.  Good luck!

Kim Boyer

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer

I am a Certified Interior Designer, Redesign and Home Staging Professional as well as a Certified Color expert. Therefore I am can assist with questions regarding space planning and furniture arrangement, color selection, art and accessory placement. I am also able to answer questions regarding the selection and sourcing of furniture and flooring materials as well as custom window treatments.

I started in the industry as a design consultant in the custom window treatment and home furnishings industry. I have gone on to establish my own full service interior decorating business, Kimberly Boyer Interiors, with specialities in redesign, home staging and color consultations. I was also a featured designer on MyHome2.0 a Verizon Fios sponsered Home Technology Makeover Show.

Affiliate Member Interior Design Society The SDP, ODDAA, ABWA, Interior Redesign Directory

Publications website Ask the Interior Designer

Certified Interior Designer Temple University. Certified Redesign and Staging Professional, Society of Decorating Professionals Certified Color Specialist, Society of Decorating Professionals