Decorating & Furniture/King size bedding

Question
When I look at Pottery Barn, etc., regarding bedding for our new king size bed, I note that the comforters/quilts/duvets come with standard shams.  So how do you decorate it?  Using the "back" pillows with the king size pillows & cases, then just putting two (one on each side) standard shams in front of them?  Won't they look small and silly?

Answer
Hello Sarah -

Ironically, I just purchased a Pottery Barn duvet cover for my king size bed that came with standard shams!  I use three Euro shams in front of my "sleeping pillows" and then the standard shams in front of those.

Another option is to go with two Euro shams in front of your king size pillows which you would stack.

Or, you could use standard pillows, and standard shams!

Thanks for your question - I hope this was helpful!

Beth

Decorating & Furniture

ES