Decorating & Furniture/Kitchen flooring

We would like to put wood flooring in our kitchen.  Our cabinets are a light hickory.  What color of flooring would you put in that would look good?
Thank you.

Hi Doreen,

You're always safe with "same" in that a light hickory wood floor would be a perfect match.  If you're not into matching, take a look at Bamboo.  It's a green-wise choice, beautiful, durable and an all around great look.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology