Decorating & Furniture/Kitchen wall colors

Question
I need some help with picking out a color for my kitchen walls.  I have blue (bright, almost cobalt) Formica cabinets and a white Formica countertop. I can't afford to replace the cabinets yet, but would like to paint the walls in the interim.  My floors are a golden oak along with the trim around the windows.  The appliances are white.  My living room and dining room are a light and dark shade of sage green.  My hallway is a light yellow.  What color would you recommend for the walls?

Answer
Hi Mary Kay,
         Yellow is a wonderful colour for kitchens! And it will work well with your blue and white. Because your blue is so forward, you'll need to tone down the yellow. Because they are both "extroverted" colours they will clash if used at the same intensity. Look at CIL's lemon zest, cheers, or parakeet. Hope this helps, and good luck :)
         Norah

Decorating & Furniture

G. Norah Baker