Decorating & Furniture/Kitchen wall colors

I need some help with picking out a color for my kitchen walls.  I have blue (bright, almost cobalt) Formica cabinets and a white Formica countertop. I can't afford to replace the cabinets yet, but would like to paint the walls in the interim.  My floors are a golden oak along with the trim around the windows.  The appliances are white.  My living room and dining room are a light and dark shade of sage green.  My hallway is a light yellow.  What color would you recommend for the walls?

Hi Mary Kay,
         Yellow is a wonderful colour for kitchens! And it will work well with your blue and white. Because your blue is so forward, you'll need to tone down the yellow. Because they are both "extroverted" colours they will clash if used at the same intensity. Look at CIL's lemon zest, cheers, or parakeet. Hope this helps, and good luck :)

Decorating & Furniture

G. Norah Baker

My areas of expertise are color selection and accessories. But I have a general knowledge of all areas of interior decorating and would be able to answer questions in any area.

I have decorated over ten houses and apartments and have consulted on five outside projects. I have had an interest in decorating since my teens.

I graduated with highest honors (96%) from Thomson Education Direct in 2002